1. WHY DON’T YOU UPDATE EVERY DAY?
Well. We update as often as we can, but we have jobs, families and we have bills to pay and other obligations aswell. Sometimes we need to go a whole weekend before we can update. Especially if there is a big festival, we are on vacation, or we simply have other stuff to do.
2. CAN I SEND YOU NEWS?
Yes. In fact, we depend on it! Use this form to send us your stuff.
3. I SENT YOU NEWS. IT WASN’T UPDATED! WHY?
Because we haven’t had time. We update the site (almost) every day, but sometimes it can take a day or two. But mostly not more then 1-12 hours since the news was sent to us. Sometimes we also need to confirm the news. Sometimes we put the news directly in the Upcoming releases section. Sometimes you sent us news about melodic death metal.
4. WHY DON’T YOU HAVE MORE REVIEWS OR INTERVIEWS?
Because we focus on the news. This IS a news site more than a webzine. But we DO want to keep those sections of the site updated as much as possible aswell, of course, so if you feel you want to write something, see this link!
5. WHAT MUSIC GENRES DO YOU WRITE ABOUT?
Accepted genres include Death Metal, Brutal Death Metal, Slam, Technical/Brutal Death Metal, Grindcore, Goregrind and Pornogrind.
No melodic shit, crossovers (like Death/thrash), or Deathcore!
6. WHEN SHOULDN’T I SEND YOU MY MATERIAL FOR REVIEWING?
You should NOT send us your material if it is:
- It is not Death Metal, Brutal Death Metal, Slam, Technical/Brutal Death Metal, Grindcore, Goregrind and Pornogrind.
- It is Melodic Death or cross overs, like Death/thrash.
- The release is older than this year.
- You can’t take critic, or doesn’t have a sense of humour.
If you feel any of these apply to you, then don’t bother, because we won’t. And if we violate one of these rules, we have done it for a reason. We do what we want!
NOTE. If you would send us something and you have broken the rules, we will Not send your stuff back, just ignore you.
7. MY BAND IS GOING TO PLAY IN YOUR AREA. CAN YOU COVER IT WITH A LIVE REVIEW?
We’d love to cover you gig/show/event. We have people from the staff in locations such as USA, Sweden, Brazil (MG), UK, Germany and Austria. And if any of us are unable, we still have people, from all around the world, who come in as guest writers that we can send instead to do the covering for us. But if we are there as representatives of GUTTURAL DEATH, we need at least free entrance. It would be to expensive for us to go and cover every gig we get asked about if that is not the case.
8. CAN I WRITE REVIEWS OR INTERVIEWS AND HAVE THEM PUBLISHED ON THIS SITE?
Yes, and you get full credit as well 😉 See this link for more info on how to become one of the Staff members.
9. I SENT YOU OUR CD BUT YOU DIDN’T REVIEW IT! WHY?
Because we receive more promotional material than we have the ability to review. We cannot guarantee when material you send will be reviewed. Please be aware that we may or may not write about your music, especially if you only send us download links (physical discs are usually prioritized). So, even if we really like what you’re doing, the review staff just don’t have enough time to write about every band we like; the selection turns out to be pretty random. We wish it were otherwise, but that’s just the fact. So, don’t think we’re ignoring you or hate your music just because you don’t see something on the site about your band. If you wait long enough, the release will appear.
10. IS IT POSSIBLE TO ENSURE MY RELEASE GETS REVIEWED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE?
We always review as soon as we can, but we get so many releases to review each week, that we can not guarantee when it will be reviewed. There are, however, some things that make us prioritize you:
- Physical discs are usually prioritized.
- If you have a label, and we have some sort of agreement
- We are part of your promotion campaign, and you want us to help hype the release before hand (But we can not guarantee we will like the disc)
11. TERIMA KASIH TELAH MENDUKUNG BAND KAMI, SIMAK LAGU TERBARU KAMI DAN TERIMA KASIH ATAS PARTISIPASINYA!
What? We only understand english, please write so we can understand. We don’t always have a translator nearby.
12. I HATE THE REVIEW YOU DID OF OUR RELEASE! CAN YOU TAKE IT DOWN OR CHANGE IT?
No. The best way to deal with this issue is to go to this page and find the reviewers e-mail address. Talk to him about your whining. And if he feels that the review is missleading or in any other way wrong, he will take actions.
13. YOUR SITE SUCKS!
No. YOU SUCK!
14. CAN I CONTACT YOU?
Yes, with this link or this mail: email@example.com